A 2nd year PhD student, a couple thousand mile move, a neurotic cat, and a loyal husband. Doesn't that sound like fun?

Saturday, November 8, 2008

I'm working on my research paper after having a small panic attack about whether it will be possible to finish it before the deadline. I think I've revised the RQs enough that it is doable with the time left, but that I'll still be able to report something worthwhile. And, as I need to submit this same paper elsewhere in dec, I can still pursue the bigger questions if I have time to complete that data analysis.

I've been completely slacking on my transcription recently, as that's for a project not due immediately. But, I know that this will make me suffer later, as transcription is one of those sucky, time filling things. So much else still to do. I'm imagining I'll bring my headphones on the plane and transcribe during our flights at Thanksgiving. fun times. I hope there's a long enough layover that I can recharge the laptop battery so I can work during both legs of the flight.

Why didn't anyone tell me how much fun all this was? sigh.

No comments: